Compost Mixer V2… Visualisation

Here is a basic 3d model of Compost Mixer V2

Snap1-2

Click here for Design Files

Click here for Animation file

 

Advertisements

Prototype i.e. Compost Mixer V2

After studying and observing field trials of Batch Composter V1 we have decided to make another better version for batch system.

Increase Volumetric efficiency:

The drum will be square. hence we will occupy more volume within the driving rims. This will increase our Volume efficiency and throughput

In crease quality of fabrications:

The degree of accuracy is needed. Batch composted V1 had lots of  fabrication errors. Such as shaft miss alignments and welding problems.

Working on Loading and Unloading design i.e design of lid:

A new idea for lid was to have lid on both side of the drum. Since we were going to build our own custom mixing chamber it is possible. The lid will be fastened using 4 snap locks on each side,

Increase in height of system:

The overall height of the system will also be increased. This was suggestion from the operator of the system.

The next blog has a 3d model of the system for better visualisation

 

Feedbacks, Observations, Learning…

The New design in creased the through put of the system. We are now able to process 300 Kg of daily waste generated at Madhuban. It is done in batches of 70 Kg at once.

The Microbiological process is working great and we achieve 50% reduction in weight in 3 days.

Observations while process

During the trial we got to learn some new information about Process related to ergonomics.

Human efforts required

A lot of Human effort was required for loading and unloading the waste and compost mix. Since it has to be lifted to a hieght. while unloading the the efforts are less as the drum can be tilted and compost mix will fall easily.

Lid design and unloading

Since we used a standard 200 l HDPE drum. It came along with its lid. Here the opening and closing of the lid is causing problenms. The lid gets buckled due to force.

A hopper for unloading the compost mix is required.

 

 

Learning while inhouse trial

We welded a chain on the rims and drove it with help of sprockets on the shaft.

During the test, our idea of using welded chain and sprocket failed. The sprocket teeth were not getting alligh=ned with the chain. The chin used to jump because of irregularity of the rim. and a lot of other issued like slippage and noise and vibrations.

Then coming back to basics.  We changed the sprockets with rollers and replaces the chain with plain circular rubber coated contact surface.

WP_20181023_11_22_47_ProWP_20181024_11_36_20_ProWP_20181024_11_36_27_ProWP_20181117_12_31_26_ProWP_20181117_12_31_15_Pro